The much awaited appointment comes at the end of an exhaustive process involving a specially commissioned Station Manager Sub-Committee.
After receiving no less than 26 applications from around Australia and from as far afield as the Phillipines, the Sub-Committee interviewed 6 shortlisted candidates last month before offering the position to Mr. Thomas.
Mr. Thomas has accepted the offer, and this was ratified by the HHH-FM Board at a specially convened Board Meeting last week.
Rod Thomas brings a wealth of experience to the position which includes:
- 2 Years as Station Manager at Community Radio Station 99.3FM, Chatswood –where he was instrumental in turning around that station’s fortunes from voluntary administration to solvency in under 2 years
- 2 Years Board Membership at Community Station 2BOB-FM, Taree, NSW
- Current involvement as presenter of the nationally relayed “Good Morning Country” program across the Community Radio Network to over 55 Community Radio Stations across Australia every Tuesday morning
- 12 Years as a presenter at a number of Community Radio Stations in Sydney and NSW
- A fully qualified Certificate IV in Training and Assessment from TAFE NSW
- A fully qualified Certificate III in Media from the Community Media Training Organisation
Amongst those short listed/interviewed were a former Station Manager and Board Chairman of HHH-FM, a Commercial Radio professional of 20+ years standing who has worked with Radio Luminaries as Doug Mulray and John Singleton, a current commercial radio announcer who lives locally, and HHH-FM’s current caretaker Programming Co-Ordinator Lachlan Wyllie.
It is anticipated that Rod will commence as Station Manager on Monday, May 9 and will work at least 4 days a week in the HHH-FM studios (every Monday, and Wednesday, Thursday and Friday).
For all inquiries – please call Station Manager Sub-Committee Chair and HHH-FM Board Member Tony Dosen on 0408 929 374.